Thursday, April 15, 2010

Preliminary Organisational Steps


This is one of the earliest works that combines image and text. It is from " Les Tres Riches Heures du Duc de Berry". The image is rich and luxurious today as it was when it was first painted on to the text which was pre printed. This was created in 1485 and there is only one original in the Musee Conde, Chantilly, France. Truly magnificent.




Tony found that many of the potential supervisors of my internship at the AGNSW were busy and so agreed to supervise it himself. (There is more here than meets the eye - I will consider if I will reveal all at some later stage) Our agreed protocol was that all meetings would be organised by him so as to avoid undue pressure and extra work on the very busy gallery staff. I cleared the way with Joanna Mendelssohn and Arianne Rourke of COFA. The various bits of paperwork were exchanged between the AGNSW and COFA. I was to start on Wed 25 Nov 2009 and work 2 -3 days a week. Tony had organised the first batch of meetings. I initially sat in the AGNSW Library. Josephine Touma, Public Programs and Tertiary Internships, sent me a welcome message and suggested we meet. She organised me a seat in her office, also got my IT and security pass organised.

No comments:

Post a Comment